a journal of...

A journal among friends...
art, words, home, people and places

Friday, May 31, 2019

An apology


Well, two apologies now:

First, I have to tell you that my first report from Cuba was certainly not meant to be posted without proofing, but that's what happened...I pushed the wrong button in haste.  There are a few omissions and too many errors I need to correct, and will do so soon.  I suppose some of it made sense, but not quite the sense I meant.

And then, as I was working on that edit the other day, our internet went out in the area, and I put it aside, thinking to come back to it in an hour or two when the situation was restored.  Alas, it remained out all day, and then took it upon itself to send out a post from April I didn't intend to repeat:  if you were puzzled about that, I'm sorry, but I have no idea how it happened.

So there we are, I hope back to normal.

I wish, by the way, that our roses looked like the one above, but the heat...it's been in the high nineties for more than a week now, with not more than two drops of rain...has gotten to all of them, and they are brown and rusty, as are the magnolias and sun-scathed gardenias (though they continue to scent my morning walks).  Only our community garden, watered assiduously by cooperating neighbors, is flourishing to lift our spirits.



1 comment: